gardisal

did you get this shot for your daughter? why or why not?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on May. 19, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• is that the shot to pervent cervical cancer? if so i'm in that same situation. i think i'm going to get my daughter the shot, because cervical cancer runs in the family. i am nervouse about it though.
    okc-mom-2

Answer by okc-mom-2 at 12:04 AM on May. 20, 2009

• No, just want to wait and see what the side effects are on the majority that does get it. It's a new vaccine and I kind of scared and not to sure about it yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I thought about getting it. But I didn't want to end up getting it and then 10 years later find out it causes something worse than cervical cancer.
    I would just educate myself on all the risks and side effects and talk to my doctor about it if I were really wanting to get it.
    good luck
    LoniRae89

Answer by LoniRae89 at 12:16 AM on May. 20, 2009

• If you do a search you will find many, many threads on this subject that may give you some of the answers you seek.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I discussed this with my daughters and did some research, and we all decided against the vaccine.  I don't trust it, it hasn't been given enough clinical testing and the serious side effects are to much of a risk IMO.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:44 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, my DDS have be given their shots, if,you have ever seen someone suffer fron cancer, one lest chance of any kind of Cancer,is a chance I'm willing to take.
    Anonymous

• Yes, my daughter had the shots. She is 13 now, and had them a year ago. I did my research on it and felt it was the right thing to do. She never had any side effects and I don't regret my decision.
    MomW773

Answer by MomW773 at 1:43 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I got all 3 of them just about right when it came out. My mom wanted to make sure I did.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:19 AM on May. 21, 2009

• All three of my girls 19, 16 and 14 have received this shot. None of them have had any side effects as of yet and the oldest had it years ago when it first came out. What it prevents far out weighs the side effects.
    Jeanie1102

Answer by Jeanie1102 at 6:08 PM on May. 22, 2009

• the oldest had it years ago when it first came out.

I could be wrong here but its my understanding that this is a fairly new vaccine like less then 5 years old in the general population?Please correct me if I am wrong .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:35 AM on May. 23, 2009