what should i do?

i have know my boyfriend for 81/2 yrs. i dated him for 4 yrs while i was on drugs. he knew i was using before we dated. we broke up for 4 yrs. when we split up i was in rehab to get my life back on track. it was both our chose to end the relationship so i could focus on my recovery. we got back together in sept. everything has been great till he has threw past stuff up in my face. i just don't understand he said he was over that stuff, and we was moving on. he knows i'm not that same person i was back then. he got mad the other day when i took my friend to the dr. he thought i might go out and use again. i have told him so many times i'm not going back to theat life. what should i do.

okc-mom-2

Asked by okc-mom-2 at 12:01 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• Unfortunately, this is an example of "Your reputation will haunt you forever".
    One reason it is so hard for an ex con to get a decent job. He has paid his debt to society, yet is still looked at with suspicion.

Lucky for you, you can start over with a new man. If you need to, leave town and start a new life in a place where no one can ever beat you up with the woman you once were.

Congratulations on your real life!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 12:07 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Suspicion is a killer! Tell him that his suspicion does not help. Tell him sincerely that you do not want to use again, that you don't' even think about it. Tell him you know you can't make him trust but he needs to try to keep all suspicions to himself unless he knows for sure you are using. A relationship is about trust. And it hurts you for him to openly display that he doesn't trust you. You guys can get past this I think. Just tell him a relationship is about trust. I suffer from a little suspicion and really it is all in my head I have noticed. It takes time to develop trust. Tell him to give it time. You can overcome this one with love.
    Tickledtrauma

Answer by Tickledtrauma at 12:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• He obviously can't get over the past, find someone else. I'm an ex-addict and my husband never throws anything in my face, love shouldn't make you feel guilty.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on May. 20, 2009