How would you know if a friend is jealous of you?

First of all, nobody should be jealous of me. I never make anybody feel less than me, plus I'm not that great, but I have this friend who is starting to act differently around me and not in a good way! Just recently we have been blessed financially, so shouldn't she be happy for me? I would be happy for her but yet everytime I bring up something that I'm happy about she says things that make me feel badly about it! Is she jealous of me, maybe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:10 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• i hate jealous people- I mean I know everyone is a little jealous at times, even me- but seriously why cant we just be happy for others- and even if we secrely want them to fall on there face, smile and be polite and act like we care at least.
    judith_visco

Answer by judith_visco at 12:18 AM on May. 20, 2009

• They start to compare and contrast stupid things (material, family,accomplishments etc)
    They start to dress or act like you
    They want their kids to be like yours
    They put down some things that you may have bought or indulged in
    I mean the list can go on and on...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• She should be happy for you and yes it seems she is jealous.
    BridgetC140

Answer by BridgetC140 at 12:18 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I am the type of person that feels happy for people when something good happens to them. My sond godmother tends to act strange when I talk about certain things. For instance, I adopted a homeless chihuahua and while I am gloating about him she chimes in and says " I don't know how you can afford a dog when you always say you're broke". Truth is, I always say I'm broke because she ALWAYS asks me to take her out to lunch or to buy her a coke (at work) for $1.25 everyday 5 days a week! I do the math girls, $6.25 a week just to buy her an ice cold coke? I have told her to buy a 2 liter that would last her 3 days and she says "Oh no, I like it fresh and super cold". Well, I like spending that $6.25 on cheap dog food and taking care of my little devil dog! Srry, I am in a venting mood.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:26 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Vent away Gigi....sounds like you've got a jealous one on your tail too! Futhermore, even if you were broke you can still have a dog!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:28 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Exactly! I mean WTF? I can't have a dog until I bathe you in coke and buy you fast food every damn day? OMG! I need to go to confession I am too angry at too many people today. Starting with my frickin' borthers GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to scream!!!! Sorry OP, I remember! never turn someones question into your own!
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:34 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You don't have to apologize to me Gigi. I'm the one who told you to vent! It makes me feel better to know that i'm not the only one in these shoes.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:23 AM on May. 20, 2009