When is best to try to have a kid after have a miscarriage?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• to me the best time to have a child after a miscarriage is when you feel you are emotionally ready to possibly deal with it happening again.. (god forbid) (been through it before)
    makinglifework

Answer by makinglifework at 12:16 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Well, I got a BFP 02/02/09. I miscarried 02/06/09. Got another BFP 03/16/09 and am still pregnant (woohoo).

I have heard you are most fertile right after you've miscarried but I have also heard that you should let your body rest after a miscarriage...so I don't really know what's best...but this is where I'm at.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 12:17 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I have been there and my doctor said wait at least 2-3 menstrual cycles after your MC. This gives your body plenty of time to heal and recover and be strong again. This also gives you a grieving period...whether you think you need on or not. I am sorry for your loss, and wish you a happy pregnancy next time!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 8:06 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Having just had a second mc on March 30, we just decided to see what happens. We aren't trying but not preventing. It just depends on how YOU feel about what has happened to you. My doctor told me that the waiting period is mostly just to 1)allow you to grieve and 2) be able to date a new pregnancy accuratly. He gave us the green light as soon as the bleeding from the mc stopped. We chose to wait at least one cycle...I guess I felt like my body was "reset" then. It is a very personal decision that some around you will support and some will not. What matters is what you and your hubby think. Good luck!
    khedy

Answer by khedy at 11:12 AM on May. 20, 2009