ok were broke and planning a wedding

ok so we have been engaged for almost 3 yrs we have to kids and on a tight budget i am a stay at home mom and he works we are wanting to get married soon and we are trying to figure out a budget my mom cant afford to help his mom has run into a bunch of money and is very greedy so we are trying to figure this all out so to all my married momma's what did your weddings cost (if u were on a tight budget and is it possible to have a dream wedding with money this tight )

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:34 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I gave my dd a great backyard wedding (formal) for about $500 and that included reception. She bought her own dress.

Answer by admckenzie at 12:36 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My wedding was approximately 2k, very low-key, it wasn't my dream wedding but I still enjoyed it. What's more important to you, the party or being married? You already sound so involved now a huge wedding would just be icing on the cake. Parents shouldn't be expected to fund weddings for their grown children.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 12:36 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Why waist the money? I worked in bridal for years as a consultant. I wanted the best and the biggest, but when I met my husband, I just didn't want to bother with it. We got married at the JP. He wore his uniform, my old boss gave me a brand new dress from where I used to work, and we had dinner at Olive Garden. The wedding goes by so fast, and in my opinion is a huge waste of money. Instead get married at a JP and then have a big party or reception after that. You can do a barbeque, or have a pot luck and have people bring food instead of presents since you guys have already been together for a few years. Don't get got up in the wedding. The union and the marriage is what is important.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:39 AM on May. 20, 2009

• caught up, not got up, sorry.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:40 AM on May. 20, 2009

• we arent expecting either of them to fund the whole thing but a helping hand would be nice being married is more important but i dont wanna just go to the court house
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:40 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Hobby Lobby, we made alot of my decorations. My mil made my flower girls dresses and the pillows. My bridesmaids dress was one my cousin had from before, and it just happened to fit. The wedding was at my aunts house, she has a great view. It was outside, everyone sat on haybales...western theme. My shoes came from Wal-Mart. For food we had hot dogs, and just played our own c.d.s for music. Hope this helps some. Good luck and congrats.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:41 AM on May. 20, 2009

• im not wanting a huge wedding my family and his are from completely diferent backgrounds im more like his family and my moms family all think they are better then everyone so what ever we dont wont be good enough for them . Im not really worried about what they think but my mom will be . so im trying to work around all this and plan a nice wedding and recpetion that everyone will enjoy and remember
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:44 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My wedding cost less than $100
    BethTTC

Answer by BethTTC at 12:45 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I to am wanting a western theme but that wont be good enough for my moms family they all think they are high class and look down on my mom and her kids she raised 7 kids on a waitress income so we never had the best of anything but we made it so my mom will want everything to be perfect and better then what she thinks her sisters and brothers would have for their kids she thinks we have to keep up with them in everything we do ( they all look down on us kids always have and im sure allways will )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:48 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Well this can always be said. If they don't contribute financially to the wedding, they have no say. It is your wedding, you do want you want to do.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 12:51 AM on May. 20, 2009