what age can u take your baby to the beach,and what do u need to bring

what age is safe

SavannahJ33009

Asked by SavannahJ33009 at 1:10 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• maybe 6 months. when they can use the sun lotion.
    so that (baby sun lotion), swimmer diapers if you want your baby to take alittle dip, a sun hat, snacks things to feed your baby etc (of course), toys, shade. lots of shade, a big blanket, towel, so baby can hang out. sandals? if your child can walk? cool drinks?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I guess technically you can take them anytime...it just wont be any fun cuz theyll have to stay in a carrier with shade the whole time so they dont get sunburned or overheat or anything..and they wont be able to go in the water. If you want to have a good time with them id say when theyre old enough to walk...
    hug4akiss

Answer by hug4akiss at 1:50 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My daughter was 6 months when I first took her to the beach. I kept her under the umbrella most of the time, but I took her in the water some. She had a blast. My good friend took her daughter to the beach when she was about two months, it wasn't too hot though, it was October in SC.

If you're going for the day, I would take a bouncer (if it's a young baby), an umbrella, baby sunscreen, and beyond that, just anything you'd take anywhere with the baby.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:37 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My DD was 3 months, we had a little tent area for her. They have special tent things at babies r us so that you can take baby with you. Just use sun screen & keep them cool. A little sand & water never hurt any body!
    prettylilrae

Answer by prettylilrae at 2:44 AM on May. 20, 2009

• there is no beach in az, but i took my 3 month old swimming in the pool the other day. i just put this jackety thing over her bathing suit that is like towel material that kept her cool, sun block, a hat and sunglasses i only had her out there for about... 15 min but she loved it :)
    MomNbabyGirl009

Answer by MomNbabyGirl009 at 3:08 AM on May. 20, 2009

• ....my DD was 2 weeks...
    She's a July baby and the dr said get her out exposed to the germs of the outside world. Not like bring her to sick peoples homes or anything but she's been sick 2 maybe 3 times and she's going to be 3. Both times she had a stomach virus where she was fine the next day...and I was sick for a week!
    dharmas_mommy

Answer by dharmas_mommy at 9:06 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My daughter was 4 days old when we took her to the beach for the first time, 5 weeks when we took her into the water for the first time. My son was two weeks old when he went to the beach and in the water for the first time.
    We live in a hot climate and its normal for us to take young babies and children to the beach, its a part of regular life for us.
    Cynthje

Answer by Cynthje at 2:25 PM on May. 20, 2009