getting married

I cant get my SO to help with anything for the wedding he doesnt want to look at any plan anything or have a say so he doesnt seem to care about the wedding what should i do ?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• HE IS A MAN!!! Welcome to marriage darlin! There are going to be so many things that you think are so important that he is not going to want to be bothered with. Why does he want to spend hours, looking at invites, and addressing them? Why does he want to pick out floral arrangements? These are boring things to most men. It isn't a reflection of how much he loves you, or if he wants to be married or not. He just doesn't want to spend all that time and detail for something that doesn't interest him. Take a deep breath, and just let him alone.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 1:16 AM on May. 20, 2009

• do it yourself and tell him not to gripe to you if he doesn't like what you've chosen but rest assured this is what married life will be with him....no help.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• most guys are like this... be grateful. my husband was NOT like this, he actually insisted on waiters with white gloves; we had a 12,000dollar limit. i had a lovely wedding planned on a budget and it got sacked because he hated that it wasn't at night and not a sit down dinner. he wanted to invite everyone from his fraternity and high school... people he hadn't talked to in four years!! he wanted a band, he wanted five courses, he wanted a wedding party of 12 groomsmen!!! the whole thing fell apart, wedding was postponed and i eventually gave the money back to my mom and used my own savings for a boob job! we ended up signing papers in a court house.
    mrsmostafa

Answer by mrsmostafa at 1:25 AM on May. 20, 2009