What do you buy or give for a jack and jill/wedding?

Ok so heres the deal... a friend of mine is getting married and I am a bridesmaid. The jack and jill is coming up and they are registered yet there is raffles. Do I give money or buy a gift off the registry? Then what about the wedding? Do i give money or nothing or what? And then when the bachlorette party comes along do I have to buy her something for that as well? I have not been to a lot of weddings let alone in the bridal party so I have no idea! Also if you give money at a wedding how much should you give as a couple? And also how does this all work if you are not part of the bridal party... what should they buy or give?

ctsassy

Asked by ctsassy at 1:43 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I have no clue what a jack and jill is lol.. My first response to what should you give was "a pail of water " since theirs went down the hill lol. sorry I have a newborn and need sleep.zzzzzzzzzzzzzz
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 1:51 AM on May. 20, 2009

• what's a jack and jill wedding? I don't buy gifts if I am in the wedding party. That's my gift to them.

Answer by admckenzie at 1:52 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Thats crazy to not buy a gift if your in the wedding, that sound cheap to me. I would buy a gift for the bachlertte party and wedding.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 5:05 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I have never heard of a jack and jill wedding. But the wedding envelope should have enough to cover both your and your guests meals. So depending on the wedding usually $300 for the both of you even if you are in the wedding party. The bachelorette party and bridal shower you and the rest of the brides maids pay for.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:12 AM on May. 20, 2009

• No idea what a J&J wedding is...and why would you buy a gift for a bachelorette party? As far as a wedding gift, get something off the registry.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• you buy a cute gift for the bachlorette party, maybe something "sexy or cute" for the wedding night somthing little.
    DilsMommy

Answer by DilsMommy at 2:46 PM on May. 20, 2009

• ok... for those of you who aren't sure what a jack and jill is... its like the bridal shower but guys can come too. fo rthose telling me to buy something for the bachlorette party and wedding.... thats my question... they are having a jack and jill and in normal circumstances you either have that OR you have the bachlor/bacholorette parties but they are haing BOTH. So we in the weding party are supposed ot make food for the jack and jill, help plan the bachlorette party, and be int he wedding. that is why i ask what i shoud buy!! And for the one who said $300 in an envelope... that seems a bit much to me but maybe I am wrong. I have heard you are supposed ot cover the plate but after taxes and tips they ar epaying 89 a person.
    ctsassy

Answer by ctsassy at 10:46 PM on May. 20, 2009