Do you use colloidal silver?

If so do you make it yourself or buy it? I just learned how to make it and am making my own. Just curious of other's experiences.

SusieD250

Asked by SusieD250 at 2:06 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Health

• no! but you know it builds up in the body and can turn you blue over time. Enjoy!
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:20 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Educate yourself. It takes massive amounts to do that. Just curious, why did you bother to answer if you don't use it and don't have a decent comment?
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 11:55 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I use a patented aqua sol Silver called Silver Sheild it is more powerful that the homemade type because of the voltage that is used. It doesn't build up in the body and I don't go without it in my family. I have 7 kids and it has saved us from many many doctor visits. God has been using this in our home to make it a safe place as well. It can be used to disinfect. Email me for the web site I use.
    GarlicMom

Answer by GarlicMom at 12:56 PM on May. 20, 2009

• wow thanks for thinking I'm uneducated on this subject since my dad does quack meds and gave my son some and caused a reaction. How;'s this for educative purposes are you ready....

Colloidal Silver: Risk Without Benefit
    Stephen Barrett, M.D.
    Colloidal silver is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal base. Long-term use of silver preparations can lead to argyria, a condition in which silver salts deposit in the skin, eyes, and internal organs, and the skin turns ashen-gray. Many cases of argyria occurred during the pre-antibiotic era when silver was a common ingredient in nosedrops. When the cause became apparent, doctors stopped recommending their use, and reputable manufacturers stopped producing them. The official drug guidebooks (United States Pharmacopeia and National Formulary) have not listed colloidal silver products since 1975.

should I go on???
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:44 PM on May. 21, 2009

• or this......

Key Points

Colloidal silver products consist of tiny silver particles suspended in liquid. They are usually marketed as dietary supplements.

Over-the-counter colloidal silver products are not considered by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) to be generally recognized as safe and effective for diseases and conditions.

The FDA has taken action against a number of colloidal silver companies (such as Web sites) for making drug-like claims about their products.

Colloidal silver can cause serious side effects. One is argyria, a bluish-gray discoloration of the body. Argyria is not treatable or reversible.

If you are considering using a colloidal silver product, talk with all your health care providers. Discussing its use with your health care team is important for your safety and helps each provider make sure that all aspects of your health care are w
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:46 PM on May. 21, 2009

• thanks but it interfered with his meds he's on. Tell your child he's very sick cause grandpa thought it would be cool to use alternative meds to treat something that he had no right doing. Sorry not a fan of these treatments. So educate yourself before questioning me.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 11:47 PM on May. 21, 2009