Would You....

if your husband had a child from a previous relationship not marriage just relationship (and the mom of that child had caused lots of drama in your husband's life and also spread lies about him) and he didn't know about the child but you knew about him/her. would you want that child to be apart of yours and your husbands life and your child/children's life?
this hasn't happened to me. i had read a question about your husband having an affair and had a child if you would stay with him. i thought about this. i will have my opinion later on.

monstermansmom

Asked by monstermansmom at 2:31 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• yes I would want the child in our lives, family is family, we dont always get to choose them.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:39 AM on May. 20, 2009

• sorry also wanted to add, it isnt the childs fault so why withold a loving extended family form her?
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 2:40 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I don't think it's fair to the child to not have him be a part of the child's life. Why should the child not be allowed to have a father because mom is a pain. That's even more reason the child would need a good father. It's not always about comfort, sometimes it's about doing what's right.
    toriandgrace

Answer by toriandgrace at 2:40 AM on May. 20, 2009

• NO!
    lapcounter

Answer by lapcounter at 7:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes I would. I would want that child to know his/her father and other siblings.
    In fact, if the child's mother was receptive, respective, no longer has the hots for my husband, and cares deeply for her child, then I would also want to include her in family activities, too.
    I know it would be strange at first, but I feel confident that mine and my husband's committment to each other can withstand a person trying to come between us, and our hearts and home is always open to those in need.
    She wouldn't be able to live with us and we wouldn't put up with bad behavior from her, but she would be welcome in our family for the sake of her child.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:11 AM on May. 20, 2009

• No one has a right to keep a child a secret from a parent. Unless it is horrible circumstances like abuse etc. If I knew and then he found out I knew and didn't tell him, our marriage would be over. I would be accepting of the child, it is not the childs fault or your DH's.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:59 AM on May. 20, 2009