Any ideas

I waited too late to get together money for summer camp so that is not an option, neither is a summer job, what can my teenaged sons do around the house (aside from being lazy)? What are your kids doing this summer?

mrssullivan

Asked by mrssullivan at 2:44 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My 17 y/o daughter is still looking for a job - she loves to work and earn her own money. Her 18th birthday is in July so we're still trying to decide on how to make it special for her. She also has a couple of dear friends that she loves to visit and communicate with. One of her friends is travelling abroad this summer so I'm hoping they keep in touch through snail mail and emails.

My 15 y/o daughter has failed English 9 and has to retake it in the 10th grade so I bought a lot of helpful lesson books that she will be working on this summer. She will have "summer school" with me Monday through Friday 2-3 hours every morning. The rest of her time I am sure she will be visiting her friends in the neighborhood and hanging out at the mall.

We have a couple tents that we set up in the woodsy area of our yard for our girls to have sleepovers and we have bonfires occasionally for fun.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 8:05 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Why can't they be lazy? Is their summer vacation! Not much more time for being kids if they're teenagers. Let them have fun and do what they want. My kids will probably be spending the majority of their time on the beach. As usual.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 7:54 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Maybe they could volunteer at a local community center, not like everyday all day, but once a week or so to kinda break their weeks up. Or maybe if they are around driving age, you could buy them a "project car" something they can spend the summer working on in order to drive it to school when its time again.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 4:21 PM on May. 20, 2009