When mommies make the "which baby name do you like?" polls, how come I hardly ever see a NONE option?

I hope I don't sound mean. I am just really curious because the last two polls that I voted on I didn't like any of the names. I could understand if it were a "do you like any of these names?" poll and I can choose no or just not vote I guess. But when it's a "which one" poll, I really want to give my honest input but if I don't like any of them, I feel like I have to just pick the lesser of all evils and most of the time I do. I wonder if anyone else does this? Anyway, is this really how you want your child's name chosen, by making us pick the lesser of the evils but still not necessarily a great name? I know that I am going to get bashed for this but I'm just saying IF you happen to actually care as to what we really think. I wouldn't if I were you but obviously you do since you made the poll in the first place, right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:29 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I assume it is because the mom likes all of the names, but is not sure which one to choose. The poll is not intended to find out if people like the name, it is to get help making a choice, so I would guess the appropriate thing to do on those polls would be to vote for what you consider "the lesser evil," Or just skip the poll and don't vote on it at all.
    3gifts.from.god

Answer by 3gifts.from.god at 3:49 AM on May. 20, 2009

• maybe cause they dont want any other crappy name there just interested in those 4 that they have on the list. because then they might get even more confused.
    bettyboob83

Answer by bettyboob83 at 3:55 AM on May. 20, 2009

• 3giftsformgod, I still think that if the question is "which name do YOU LIKE?", there should be a NONE option. -OP
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• haha ive wondered the same thing..cuz lotsa times i dont like any of them!!
    alexis_06

Answer by alexis_06 at 4:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• That's one of the reasons I avoid those polls.

There's a difference between asking "which do you like" and "which of these do you like best".

If asking "which do you like" an option for "none of the above" should be included.

Even if asking "which best" I'd still include a "none" option...but technically it is a different question.
    TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 5:56 AM on May. 20, 2009

• IDK, but it is hard to pick one when you think they are all gross.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:48 AM on May. 20, 2009

• BUMP, LOL. Just trying to see if you could bump questions, like you can do for posts.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on May. 23, 2009