• In the Spotlight:

i took several prego test and they all said negative and then i took one a few days ago and it was positive however itook one the week b4 and it was negative why did it do this

when i got pregnant with my first baby the test came back positive and it happend twice i dont understand why this is happening now??? could it be that i am not pregnant???

scared162

Asked by scared162 at 3:29 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• it was pobably too early to tell w theprevious test, and the hormones showed up on this one. my guess would be that your pregnant.
    erika_wright

Answer by erika_wright at 3:45 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I would take another one or two now that you've gotten one positive test. I agree that it was probably just too early for the test to detect the hormone levels when you got the negative tests. I had that happen with my daughter. I took a test, it came out negative. Less than one week later I took like 5 more and they were all positive (I refused to believe the first 1, then second, then third, then fourth lol).
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 3:47 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Your hormones have to be at a certain level for you to get a positive tesy. Totally normal to get negatives first. Goodluck!
    IMAMOM2-2KIDS

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 4:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Because they are home tests they can't pick up a hormone level very early in a pregnancy. You could wait for another week or two, or make an appointment with your doctor to have a blood test drawn which is more accurate. Either way, if you are pregnant you will have to see your doctor about OB care.
    etsmom

Answer by etsmom at 6:40 AM on May. 20, 2009