I need foster care information

I want to adopt so bad i know that we probably want do it anytime soon but i would like some info now
I have been told it is easier to adopt from someone you know that is giving there baby or kid up but i don't know anyone
So i have been told that foster is better to get started in instead of just plain adoption
So i need to know some info of were and how this works it would be the Houston Texas area unless they have one in the Montgomery county area , Texas
thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 5:17 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Adoption

• Your best bet would be to contact the Children's Services agency in the county you live in. Tell them that you are interested in fostering and adopting and they can set you up with the classes, training, and paperwork needed to get started.

Good luck!
    mommytoadam

Answer by mommytoadam at 8:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• That really, really depends on what it is that you want to do. What age you want to adopt, how specific you are, etc.

Foster to adopt often involves risk of parenting and the child(ren) being reunified because reunification with the biofamily is typically always the goal.

There are plenty of older children or children with special needs or sibling groups waiting NOW in foster care who need forever families. When I say "waiting children" they are usually already legally free and waiting to find their family. Contact your local Children's Services or you can check out any number of photolistings, etc. The inquiries for photolistings require that you have a current homestudy, so that's something to be aware of.

There are many, many types of adoption out there - private, domestic infant, foster to adopt, international, the list goes on and on.

Best of luck to you!
    AAAMama

Answer by AAAMama at 12:54 PM on May. 20, 2009