• In the Spotlight:

Im 6 months along and the other night i went to the er cause my baby girl wasn't moving and they listen to the heartbeat, and the labor and delivery nurse said everything sounds find with my baby girl. but i don't have a dr. appt until june 9th , and im still worried about my baby girl. and she still aint moving. is that normal for a first mom to be. To be worried like that.

jessyka795

Asked by jessyka795 at 6:14 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• It is totally normal... lots of third/fourth/etc time moms get worried like that too.
    Try something for me... get a Coke... drink that and lay down on your left side. Give it an hour and really pay attention and see if your baby moves. If you don't have Coke try to get something to drink that's nice and sugary and preferrably caffienated... keep me posted.
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:20 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Its okay to be worried of course. I would call you OBGYN and tell the nurse over the phone what you are experiencing, if you think ANYTHING is EVER wrong with your baby you call them I do not care if your appointment isnt for awhile, call. DO NOT DRINK COKE! Coke has something in it that is VERY bad for the baby...a few sips are okay but its the worst thing to drink in the soda pop. Try just a few sips of anything caffeinated and yes lay on your side and pay attention for the next forty minutes...the baby should move. She is probably just having a quiet day baby's have personalities too :) GL mama and serious just call ok just to be safe.
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 7:07 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my third hardly moved but she's fine. Babies are like the rest of us some are movers and shakers and others are happy to be calm and reserved. Ha! That changed adfter delivery she never sits still.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• yeap totally normal. I did that once , but i was right at my due date and had been cleaning the bathroomand i guess i breathed in some of the cleaner or soemthig because it got really hard to breath and i thought that my baby had quit moving. So i went to the er and they said everything was fine with her and that i had just burned my throat when i breathed the stuff. But you may call and see if your doctor can see you sooner just to ease your mind. And one other thing that i had at the beginningof my pregnancy was i rented one of those baby beat monitors that you can hear the heart beat on. It really eases your mind. I rented it off line for $20.00 / month. Don't buy the one at walmart it is total crap and you can't hear anything. The kind like i rented was just like what the doctor had. It is hand held.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:19 AM on May. 20, 2009