Does a woman's sex drive REALLY get better as you get older?

I've always heard this. Is it true for all women, or just certain ones?

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 6:48 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I don't know for sure, but I'd say that if it does it's because women get more comfortable with themselves as they get older.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:11 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Oh hell yeah!  Even since I entered my 40's my sex drive has gone crazy.  My husband isn't complaining but he is worried about keeping up with me when I reach my 50's.

beeky

Answer by beeky at 7:19 AM on May. 20, 2009

• well I can't wait until I hit 40. I'm 38 now and have none.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 7:25 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Sorry to tell you this - yours will probably go up at times , but mens decline with age. My husband uses his age as an excuse all the time,and says hes tired. Men go thro this phase called mid life crisiss and feel sory for them selves that they are not young anymore. My husband doesnt have the stamina he did whenhe was younger and would rather watch tv, and when we do it is is alot shorter, no more hour lond laying in the bed together- ten minutes and its over.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:56 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine sort of goes in spurts. I'm 47 and not on the pill, which I really need to be. lol I can tell when I'm getting ready to ovulate, because sex is about all I can think about. My biggest problem is that DH has PTSD & depression, PLUS a fairly low testosterone level. Which basically equals the sex drive of a turtle! He's be REALLY interested for a day or two, sometimes three. But then it's back to waiting, once it was over two months before we did anything again. It wouldn't be so bad except he's 25, you'd think I'd be the one that was trying to keep up.

As for the age thing, yes, I'd have to agree that you do tend to get more comfortable with yourself. Or in some cases you get to where you just don't let other people 'into your head' and tell you what to think or feel.

Hope this makes sense, I'm going through the 'lack of sleep and sex' phase again. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes, it does. I'm 39 now and since I was 34 I'm a horny one.
    sweetmom1007

Answer by sweetmom1007 at 9:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine did, I got married at 19, thought I knew it all...HA! I hit 34 and whamo it was like I had someone elses body or something. I think we def get better as we get older. No offence to you yougins out there, but you don't know crap compared to what you will later in life. Something to look forward too!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:44 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm 46 and I think this is a true statement!
    etexmom

Answer by etexmom at 2:08 PM on May. 20, 2009