My pool isn't level. Will it have to be redone?

I set up a 15 foot wide 4 foot deep pool last night. The area seemed level and I prepped it with sand. I put a little water in the bottom and within a few minutes noticed it was going to one side more than the other. I left a couple inches of water in it and let it sit overnight.

This morning.... the low end has about 4 inches of water and the opposite side has about 2 inches. The rest of the pool is about 3 inches deep. So, I think it is 1-2 inches out of level. How bad is that? Does the pool have to come down and the ground be prepped again?? The thought of having to re-do it makes me want to cry.

This is a metal frame pool with the plastic liner.

VeronicaLee

Asked by VeronicaLee at 7:29 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Home & Garden

• Take it down and get someone to level the ground and put it up for you.
    Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 8:03 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I think you should definitely re-do and make sure the ground is level this time. While only an inch or two off now, as you fill it the difference will be greater (proportionate), and it COULD cause the pool to buckle or tip to the leaning side when you add children (waves, splashing, leaning, etc.)!

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 7:55 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Thanks ladies.... I did get someone to redo it for me and it is now level and I have the hose running more water in it right now. It was a little pricey to have someone else do it, but the finished result is so much better. :-) My kids are SO excited to have a pool!!

VeronicaLee

Answer by VeronicaLee at 8:12 AM on May. 21, 2009