Is your mom very open with you about sex?

My mom is. Maybe it's just an age thing (I'm 20, she's 49), but I'm quite uncomfortable with her telling me all about her sexcapades with her current husband. She's also told me that she has revealing photos of her and my dad. Like I really wanna know that, Mom.

caitxrawks

Asked by caitxrawks at 7:42 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Eeew! My mom and I crack jokes about other people, but we don't go very far about it and we most certainly don't talk about our own sex lives. We are very close, but I think we have a mutual understanding that neither of us wants to know. We're 28 and 56 so I doubt that it's an age thing.

As far as my father is concerned my son is the product of immaculate conception and we're both fine with that!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 7:47 AM on May. 20, 2009

• LOL I think my dad would like to think that my daughter was born from a virgin as well xP
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 7:48 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My mom is super open. Me and my sister are kinda like are mom is a little overboard. She will be like look at my new toys. Its cool in some ways and others its like weird. She like couldn't wait til we were old enough. She sleeps with are stepfather which is really gross. But what ever floats her boat.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 8:00 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my mom never talks about sex with us kids. everytime we start to talk about it she yells at us. i'm 33 and she still hates it. my dad on the other hand him, my brother 35, and me will sit and talk about evrything together.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:19 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My Mom was very open and would answer any of my questions but she didn't talk about actual real life sex experiences-that is too personal and she knew what was appropriate.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:31 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Why do I always seem to be the 'older wife' in this stuff? lol I'm 47, my mom was never open at all, we lost her three years ago. It was a relief I guess cuz she'd been really sick. But the only thing I can ever remember her telling me about sex was once we'd been drinking wine and she'd made the comment on how she couldn't ever use a diaphram because it rubbed a blister on my dad. TMI mom!! lol I do remember hearing them fight once (in 1980) and the fact came out that they had stopped having sex when my sister was about two (somewhere in 1966)!! No wonder there was enough stress in the house while I was growing up.
    My own daughter is 20, lives out in Cali (I'm in Florida) and we never really talk much at all, her choice. Sex in not one of the things we talk about, I think it makes her uncomfortable to talk to me about it. Partly I think cuz DH, not her dad, is about a year or so older then her bf and brother! lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:31 AM on May. 20, 2009

• OK....I am the oldest wife/ Mom,I'm sure. LOL. I'm 67. I guess it was an unusual thing for a Mom to talk about sex back in the 1950's-my Mom was not shy about it. Most everyone I know who is older said their Moms wouldn't mention anything about periods,sex,birth control, etc. so I was lucky. We could talk about anything. I wish we still could.My Mom died 20 years ago.
    Lindalu2

Answer by Lindalu2 at 8:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• yeah, we are very open. we send each other nasty sex jokes in emails, we cant talk about it in person. i love it that way, because i hate ackwardness. and i want it to be that way with my son and future son or daughter (havnt fou nd out the sex yet).
    ClvDandJ

Answer by ClvDandJ at 9:21 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Anytime I say anything about sex, my mom yells TMI! Also, she will be talking about it and won't say the words that goes along with it. She'll just say...well you know what I mean. She NEVER told me about my period, sex, birth control, nada! I plan to be the source of information for my daughter and for my two sons, their dad will be their source. Naturally I believe a father can understand what sons are going through and moms understand what daughters are going through. I think it's sad that my mom is so timid and private about stuff like that. I had to hear all the logistics of sex from a sex ed teacher at school and a male at that. SAD STUFF! I made it okay and I know what not to do now.
    jeng1980

Answer by jeng1980 at 9:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• No. My mom had me when she was older, and maybe it was a generation thing, or her stirct upbringing. But she never ever discussed sex with me. I found out on my own. I remember when I was 18 (and had the same steady bf for a long time with whom I had already been having sex) I told her i needd to go on bc pills and asked if she would take me to the doc ( i was still on my parents insurance) and she said NO! And talked about how her and my dad would never have done it before marriage, etc. We never talked about sex again. I was hurt, thought she should have been supportive and proud of me for wanting to see a doc and get protection. Instead I went to some cheapy clinic.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:31 AM on May. 20, 2009