• In the Spotlight:

What is so great about the TV remote controls?

If there is one thing in my house that will always interest my son (9 months) no matter what, it's the TV remote. What the heck is so interesting about the darn thing? I know it's not just him. Remotes and cell phones, why are they so much better than say building blocks and teething rings???

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 7:55 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My cable remote makes a noise like gdunck when you hit a wrong button, my Harrison does this all the time and giggles when it makes the noise. That is why he loves our remote : )
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 12:49 PM on May. 20, 2009

• My dd is the same way, she's almost 19 months and she still loves the remote, I thin she gets that from her daddy! Lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 7:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Think not thin lol
    mommyBrooke849

Answer by mommyBrooke849 at 7:58 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Hahaha my daughter is almost five months and loves the remote. I wonder if it and the phone are two things they see us using a lot? We probably don't think anything about it, but it's probably a huge deal to them. I dunno o.o
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 8:00 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Caitxrawks before you said your DD also liked playing with the remote, I was going to say it must be a guys thing. lol

I used to tease my ex that he liked keeping a hold of the remote because it gave him something to hang on to without putting his hand in his pants. lol
    daisy521

Answer by daisy521 at 8:43 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I know! And the camera, too.
    EiEiO

Answer by EiEiO at 8:52 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My son is 2 1/2 and still loves remotes and cell phones!!
    austinsmama1106

Answer by austinsmama1106 at 9:12 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my dd is 17 months and still loves the remote. she has gotten to where now shell sneak it upstairs and hide it in her toybox. lol
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:31 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I think it's combination of two things: the lights/buttons and the fact that it's something we, as grown-ups, are always using and paying attention to, so I think the babies learn quickly that this rectangular, shiny thing must be something cool!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Well, he is a man after all.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:38 AM on May. 20, 2009