i had a c-section and i want normal delivery for my next baby.what should b the gap between both and is it possible to have normal delviery after a c-section.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:15 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• The longer you wait, the better. Certainly more than 18 months, minimum.

Yes, it's possible... happens every day, but make an informed decision. For every 20 or 30 or 40 successful VBac stories, there may only be one or 2 nightmares & some proponents of VBacs will say that the ".02% chance" of something going wrong isn't enough to warrant a repeat Csection...... but if you ask the one who lived the nightmare, their perspective would be very different.

A repeat Csection saved my uterus & my child's life. There was no indication of anything wrong, but once opened up it was discovered I'd already begun to rupture on my previous uterine incision. I had no clue because of the scar tissue.... no nerves so no pain. If I'd opted for the Vbac, I likely would've lost him.
    Laura1229

Answer by Laura1229 at 8:24 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It is very possible for you to do that. You have to find a Dr that does VBAC's. I just say that because the town I'm in, doesn't have any Dr's that do them, so it's not an option here. Also just understand the risk you take, I know it's a low risk, but it's still a risk.
    And about how long you should wait, I agree with PP that 18mos is a bare-minimum. The longer the better!
    GOOD LUCK MOMMA! HOPE YOU GET THE EXPERIENCE YOU'RE LOOKING FOR!
    carliemarie1015

Answer by carliemarie1015 at 9:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My daughter was a csection. My son was born 19 months later at home, after only 2 1/2 hours of labor. You can absoloutely VBAC, you have to find a doctor or midwife who will attend you. I would advise you to research and don't get induced with pitocin, as this increases your risk for rupture.
    ammint02

Answer by ammint02 at 9:21 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Absolutely! The best chance you have for a VBAC is to STAY HOME! Yes there is a small risk of uterine rupture, but there are many risks with repeat c/s that the doctors will just skim over. The longer you wait, the more time your scar will have to heal. But a VBAC 1 year after a c/s is still very possible. There are a number of groups on here that can give you info on VBAC's. Definately check out ICAN's website. Feel free to message me for more info.
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 9:44 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You may be able to have a VBAC it really depends on how everything goes during labor....and the reasons why you had the first c-section. I had a c-section with my son because i'm a diabetic and my pelvis is also "petite" and slightly tilted. I was told any other pregnancies will have to be c-sections, I'm perfectly fine with that. May seem silly but I never have to worry about tearing or being too stretched for sex to be as enjoyable as it is for us....plus my doctor suctioned me so well I only bled for about a week!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:38 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My doc. told me that with a c-section you should wait 2 yrs. to get pregnant again.
    danielp

Answer by danielp at 2:19 PM on May. 21, 2009