Is this true? Pregnancy/Divorce... (Ohio)

I live in Ohio. My soon to be ex husband said that if I were to get pregnant now, we couldn't get divorced until I had the baby. And also, I heard that if I'm pregnant now, my husband would have to have his name on the birth certificate, even though there is no way that the baby is his. Can anyone shed some light on this for me please?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:17 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Relationships

• I live in Ohio.

This is true, it happened to my friend last year. The baby had the husband's name on the bc until the divorce was final. They couldn't get divorced while PG. Then they had to do paternity and change the bc afterwar the divorce.

Praying

Answer by Praying at 12:29 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I've heard that a baby born in a marriage is considered a product of that marriage. I've heard of men paying support for kids that aren't theirs because they were born in that marriage. I'm not sure if there are legal ways around it or not. I'm also not sure about getting a divorce prior to the baby being born.
    cleo1969

Answer by cleo1969 at 8:27 AM on May. 20, 2009

• a pregnancy test is needed
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 8:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• In most states (perhaps all?), you cannot get divorced if you are pregnant. And the husbands name will automatically go on the birth certificate. I am sure that a DNA test can be done to determine paternity if you want the real father on the birth certificate. You need to get a pregnancy test and talk to a lawyer.
    Cavalrybaby02

Answer by Cavalrybaby02 at 9:18 AM on May. 20, 2009

• here is a website, just copy and paste in your browser
    http://www.justanswer.com/law?r=ppc%7cga%7c1%7cLaw%7cRon+Trial+-+Legal+Advice&JCRN=Lawyers&JPRC=1&JPKW=free+legal+advice&JPDC=S&JPST=&JPAD=2242794063&JPAF=txt&JPCD=20090512&gclid=CN7yxI7_ypoCFQJHxwodoio53A
    chilimidos62

Answer by chilimidos62 at 9:25 AM on May. 20, 2009