Michael Crichton Readalikes?

Can any of you recommend some books that are genuine readalikes of the late (excellent) Michael Crichton?
I have had some readlikes recommended on the internet but on closer inspection they really aren't what I feel is typical of MC's work - fast sci-fi adventure (rather than thriller) based on modern day techy possiblities. Limited violence and lots of characterisation.
Any suggestions?
My hubby and I would be SO grateful! x

AllCosyInside

Asked by AllCosyInside at 8:21 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Entertainment

• Sorry, that's supposed to be Douglas PRESTON.
    KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:50 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Try reading Jeff Long. My favorite of his is The Descent. It's actually one of my favorite books with one of my all time favorite characters, Ike. Also check out Chuck Palahniuk's works. And Douglas Peston and Lincoln Child coauthored several books that are wonderful. The Relic was my favorite. They made it into a crappy movie, but the book is wonderful. Hope this helps. =)

KelleyP77

Answer by KelleyP77 at 10:48 AM on May. 20, 2009