Where can I find

an online calculator to see what the cap and trade tax will cost me? I could swear I have seen some posts where the poster is telling how much additional they will be paying if cap and trade passes. It looks like they are forcing it again and will force a vote on it tomorrow. If it passes, I want to know what kind of energy prices I will be paying for my utilities. I know the price of goods will go up across the board, but I live in a hot climate and having a semi-cool house will be important during the summers. Thanks for any help.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:23 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• NO calculator, but this article is FULL of LINKS, and spells out what Cap and Trade means to the average citizen, and it ain't good!

http://www.hillheat.com/articles/tag/capandtrade

And this one shows how REPUBLICANS are TRYING to kill the bill!

http://blogs.wsj.com/environmentalcapital/2009/04/02/mit-to-republicans-lay-off-the-scaremongering-on-climate-costs/

Republican leadership explains how they got the $3,100 figure–dividing MIT’s estimate of 2015 cap-and-trade revenues of $366 billion by 117 million households. “Nothing in the Democrats’ budget would provide rebates or any relief to consumers,” the statement added.

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:39 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I guess I see now why Obama wanted so much money for assistance programs, it seems we will be needing it more than ever if this thing passes. I wonder about all of those low income families that don't qualify for assistance, but still can't make ends meet every month. How will this increase effect them? Will they have to decide between providing food for their kids, or air conditioning in 95+ degree weather? I am sure it will cost more than that $13 per week people talk about enjoying lately. Does this count as a lie when he said that 95% of the households wouldn't see a tax increase? If that is so, what the hell is cap and trade? It knows no income brackets.

QuinnMae

Answer by QuinnMae at 8:56 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Does this count as a lie when he said that 95% of the households wouldn't see a tax increase?

***

Hmmm...seeing as Obama has obviously received and Honorary Degree from the "William Jefferson Clinton School of Double Speak and Semantics! (LOL), I WONDER if the word "SEE" in his statement (above), means the average person will not actually SEE the tax increase, as it will be HIDDEN in their everyday purchases of basic staples everyone needs?!

Every word that man utters has been CAREFULLY CRAFTED by his handlers--which is why he is SO dependent on the teleprompter!!!

devil

LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:04 AM on May. 20, 2009

• "Does this count as a lie when he said that 95% of the households wouldn't see a tax increase?"

Of course not!  If you electric bill goes up $100 a month, it's not a tax increase.  and besides, you will be able to pay for it with that $8 a week you got in your paycheck, won't you?  *snort*

mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 9:52 AM on May. 20, 2009