What is or was you child's "lovie". Do they still use it? If not at what age did they give it up?

My DD "lovie" is a snoopy doll with a little rattle in it. It is the very first thing I bought when I found out I was pregnant (thats why it's blue). But ever since like 6 months old she has went no where without this dog. She is 5 years old now, and she still HAS to sleep with snoopy and carries him pretty much everywhere. But she is slowly getting to where she will leave him at home when we go out sometimes. Which I know is good because she is starting kindergarten this year and can't bring him to school, but it is still bothering me. Because it just shows my baby is getting bigger, and I don't like it. But if she is anything like me she will never fully give him up. I have a feather pillow that I have had since I was 3, and I CAN'T sleep without it. It is pretty ragged it is 31 years old, but it's my pillow. oh I don't use it under my head.

TeriMelisa

Asked by TeriMelisa at 8:25 AM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• My son is almost 13 and still has his Winnie the Pooh blanket he had as a baby and he has a stuffed wolf that he sleeps with. I know college aged kids that take a piece of their blankie to college with them and keep it in their pillowcase.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:37 PM on May. 20, 2009

• my 3 yo has a duck. It has been replaced by newer ducks through th e years and she calls him Duckie. Somedays she carry's him every where others ahh he's on her bed. She mostly sleeps with him. However last summer he spent quite a bit of time swimming in the pool.
    pagirl71

Answer by pagirl71 at 8:52 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my dd has a little dog with a bow around his neck named hank. my mom got it for her when i was still pregnant and it stayed with her in the hospital.. and ever since she drags that thing everywhere. i have to wait until she goes to sleep at night to sneak it away and wash it.
    emmalouwho

Answer by emmalouwho at 9:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• lol i think we have the same snoopy OP! it was my sons !!!
    tha-hawt-mommie

Answer by tha-hawt-mommie at 9:24 AM on May. 20, 2009