First time traveling with my 10 month old on an airplane, what should i bring to soothe her if she starts crying between and during flights? and can i pack a can unopen formula with me or not?

ilovecookies

Asked by ilovecookies at 3:27 AM on Jun. 21, 2008 in Travel

• Bring a ton of snacks and drinks and Her favorite comfort item. The air pressure can be murder on little ones ears, while taking off and desending try to have her drink from a bottle to decrease this risk. Call the airline for specific rules about the formula and what is allowed. good luck and have a fun trip.
    MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 4:02 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• yes, I think you can! Also, bring her favorite blanket and a pacifier for the up and down. Bring an extra diaper and wipes. Grab an airline blanket in case she pukes (and use that to mop up) so you can just give it to the airline attendant or leave it on the seat after (sounds gross but you don't want to travel with it) Max was a puker.
    elinabelle

Answer by elinabelle at 6:56 AM on Jun. 21, 2008

• formula, nursery water can be brought with you. The TSA website is the best for all that information. Liquids for infants don't fall under the 3 oz rule. I would bring Gas drops and tylenol or motrin, whatever you are comfortable with using. Definately a drink on take off and landing. Favorite blankie and/or toy and spare clothes, and a relaxed mom. It makes a big difference.
    AussieMum2

Answer by AussieMum2 at 1:15 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• You can bring unopened formula. You can also buy water at one of those stands near the gate before you get on the plane to mix the formula. Bring lots of snacks & a few toys too... but nothing that you'll have to fish off the floor 100 times. Try to get her to take a nap if you can.
    crazysocks830

Answer by crazysocks830 at 1:53 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• great question i am about to take my daughter on plane too and she is 8 months

You should bring formula why will you wanted to carry hole can of formula why not buy it when you get there or get the travel type on the go formula.
    And bring a lot of diaper
    on depend on how your flight.
    Pacifier and cotton ball for her ears when you go up and when landing.
    mommytobe24

Answer by mommytobe24 at 4:24 PM on Jun. 23, 2008

• Take your ipod. When my son was about that age we flew with him, put classical music on the ipod, held one earphone up to his ear and he fell asleep so fast I was SHOCKED!!!!
    Violin_Mom

Answer by Violin_Mom at 3:51 PM on Jul. 9, 2008