I am going for my 2nd Tri Sono today - I am 16 weeks and 4 days - Any chance of finding out the sex?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:03 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I never understand women who say it's standard to not have a sono until 20 weeks. Reality is it's MORE COMMON to have a 4 month ultrasound, AKA 16 weeks, not 20! With my son I had the standard 16 week sonogram and once he uncrossed his legs and cooperated it was clear he was a boy! And stayed a boy....so yes if you have a good tech and your baby cooperates you'll most likely find out if it's a boy and a girl....and it will be accurate!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:35 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You have a very good chance of finding out the sex of the baby. Well congrats.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 9:05 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Chances are slim that they will be correct. Most docs won't do that sono until you are at least 20 weeks...until then the sex organs may not be fully developed and you may be told the wrong sex. Congrats though on baby!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It depends on who's doing the ultra sound really. When my OB does them he can't tell until closer to 19 weeks, but now he has this ultra sound tech and that's all she does it ultra sounds of babies and she can tell much sooner, like 15 weeks.

Just ask them how sure they are when they tell you what they think it is. Last time I asked my doctor for a percentage and his said 90%.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 9:18 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My bff found out last week and she was 16wks and 4days. It was obviously a boy.
    simonsmomma

Answer by simonsmomma at 9:29 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It is possible, but it will depend on your tech! Good luck and congrats!
    Rebecca727

Answer by Rebecca727 at 9:39 AM on May. 20, 2009

• WE HAD TWINS SO WHEN WE WENT THEY SAID THE ONE WAS DEFINITELY A GIRL BUT WERE NOT SURE OF THE OTHER AND THEN MY HUSBAND SAID LOOK AT THAT THING ITS A BOY
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:33 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm 28 weeks 6 days and I had a sono at 15 weeks to find out exactly how far along I was and it was clear we are having a boy. He cooperated tho too, so it depends if the baby cooperates and the tech can get a good look. I went back for a sono at 18 weeks, that's when my dr does them and yep it was still a boy. Congrats on the baby. Hope it turns out the way you want.
    jazzysmommy1004

Answer by jazzysmommy1004 at 12:05 PM on May. 20, 2009