Is Jesus God's favorite?

I asked my dad this question yesterday when I was taking him to the doctor. And he is a 63 years old and has been studying the bible for a long time, and even he couldn't answer me. I mean, really, if you treat one of your children better then the other, doesn't that generally make them your favorite? And, yes, I have asked other religious leaders and they can't explain it either. And I have done the whole "search your heart" thing about it to and the only thing I heard was yes.
-Ashley

spiritguide_23

Asked by spiritguide_23 at 9:07 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• favorite...i dont think so.
    just closer.....they've had much more time to bond, a history....
    its not playign favorites...and when we pass......we then have all the time in the world with whomever is up their
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 9:10 AM on May. 20, 2009

• well jesus was in heaven with god and he came to earth and when the disciples were arguing over whose better jesus put an end to it by washing there feet, so i dont think so.
    lawla

Answer by lawla at 9:18 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Why is this even being asked? I don't understand the point, really. This is not an issue for me and I don't care whether or not God has a favorite. All that matters is my salvation and that Jesus died for my sins and I will be with Him someday in Heaven. God bless you.
    army_wife2000

Answer by army_wife2000 at 9:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Well, army wife, I asked because I wanted to know how others felt. And I am pretty sure that most woman on here know the dangers of picking a favorite, so why would God be so silly? But, really, thanks for stepping outside your comfort box and being willing to look at things from a different perspective.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 9:37 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I am of the belief that Jesus was God sent to Earth in human form. With that said, I believe that it would not be possible for Jesus to be God's favorite b/c he WAS, in fact, God.

Now, there are some that believe that Jesus was the literal son of God. I am not sure how they would answer this question, because if Jesus was God's birth son (in a sense), then what about us? I guess it's like a mother and her children. We don't pick favorites b/c (as you said, Ashley) that is a dangerous game, we all love our children equally.
    jennijune_21

Answer by jennijune_21 at 9:54 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I don't think Jesus was god's favorite. When i search in MY heart all i hear is a BIG FAT NO, god has no favorites.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 9:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes Jesus is His favorite as well as I and every child of God out there. God is a Father that loves us all. We are His favorite one, blessed and highly favored and deeply loved.
    It takes knowing and trusting Father's heart to believe this.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 11:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I think God and Jesus are the same person...in differnet bodies (the confusing trinity) so Im going to say God has high self esteem and loves himself thus takes a serious likin to Jesus. But as far as favorite child I don't think he sees Jesus as his child like he does us...their realtionship is different. Hope that is as clear as mud..interesting question, but i guess their is no answer to satisfy curiosity...ask Jesus and see if he tells you. I think you would like the book the Shack..very thought provking like this question.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:09 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I believe Jesus is God, And each member of the Trinity is equal.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 12:14 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Beautiful answer Shaneagle!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 12:25 PM on May. 20, 2009