Any travel tips for D.C.?

My mom's coming to visit, so we're driving up to DC to do some sightseeing since she's never been. I used to live near there, so I've been before, but that was 10 years ago! Memory dumped those files eons ago! LOL Any tips on what to see, where to park, where to eat? Esp any good Asian restaurants or stores!

j9gem

Asked by j9gem at 9:11 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Travel

• All I can say is be sure you don't forget where you parked! And put lots of money in the parking meter. We missed the parking cop (whatever they are called) by like 2 minutes. $25 parking fee.
    Wear good walking shoes. And bring a camera. We kinda just drove around until we found what we wanted to see. It was really fun though.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:19 AM on May. 20, 2009

• the traffic sucks if you hit it at the wrong time of day....omg its horrible!!!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'll be in DC this Sunday. Hubbs is having one of his friends from back home in Holland visit and it never fails when someone visits from outside of the US they have to hit New York, DC and Philly. It's makes there trip complete to visit these places and to go home and say I've been there. After a while we kinda get bored playing tour guides but we put on our happy faces and go anyway.

Oh and I agree with the PP who said the traffic sucks! Try using the DC metro if you can.
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 4:41 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would park my car and use public transportation. Georgetown is full of good restaurants

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:10 AM on May. 21, 2009

• I would park at one of the metro stations to save time and money. It is cheaper to do that than it is to drive into the city, fight with the traffic, find a parking spot, remember where you parked and feed the meter enough to not get a ticket. It is also much easier to get around the city using their fabulous transportation system which goes most everywhere that you need/want to be!

Are you going to have children? If so, make sure to hit the zoo which is the best one that I have ever been to. if it is just adults, Georgetown has both shopping and restaursnts. Eating on the waterfront is a nice thing to do no matter what time of the year that it is!

DC is a fabulous city and I miss it terribly! there is so much to see and do and never enough time to do it all in! When in doubt, try DC for Dummies and DC: Off the Beaten Path. Both are good resources for things to do.
    jenniferinvt23

Answer by jenniferinvt23 at 7:28 PM on May. 21, 2009

• I lived in DC off and on visit the monument ,some museums&harbor
    Anonymous