Why is she doing this?

My daughter is 18 months and lately she has been squatting and grabbing her legs, then appears to me like she is doing the pee pee dance or is in pain...she will move her legs (not in a rocking motion more like a I am squeezing to hold my peepee in) she has been doing this for awhile...
Could this mean that she has a bladder or UTI?
Or does it mean that I should consider potty training or start potty training?

roseakasis

Asked by roseakasis at 9:13 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• She night be starting to realize the urge to pee. Try potty training her. If she has a UTI she would hurt when she pees, i would think she would let you know if she hurt.
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 9:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• WEll maybe that is it..
    I would hope that if she was in pain she would cry..
    I have been giving her cranberry juice alot to help her out in case she does have an infection and shes still doing it..
    roseakasis

Answer by roseakasis at 9:38 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Make sure it is 100% juice not concentrate.
    lstrickland

Answer by lstrickland at 11:19 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I think she is ready to be potty trained. Just try and see how it goes... or she could be like my son.. a goof and just being doing it to be silly
    Rose87

Answer by Rose87 at 10:42 AM on May. 22, 2009

• my daughter does the same to be silly. although she is beginning to feel when she has to go and is becoming aware of it. she's started telling me so. i've tried to get her to sit in potty but she won't .. so im not pushing. i will wait till she is a little bit more able.
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 11:48 AM on May. 22, 2009

• umm start potty training and if she says she has pain try the doctors but i think its time
    katesmom1

Answer by katesmom1 at 2:11 AM on May. 24, 2009

• well I got the potty and she sits on it for awhile but then gets tired of it.. she has went on it like three times so far.. and she did number two.. the squatting thing hasn't really been happening very much since I got it...
    roseakasis

Answer by roseakasis at 8:17 PM on May. 24, 2009