Anyone having a party this weekend?

What is your menu for a crowd?

gramsmom

Asked by gramsmom at 9:50 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• We host parties quite often, and I have a great set of menus. If I'm going VERY casual, its hamburgers and hotdogs with chips, a few dips and fresh fruit. Another favorite is to marinate bone-in chicken pieces in Italian seasoning for 12-24 hours and grill, and serve with grilled corn on the cob (normally 1-2 per person), oven baked beans (2 cans Bushs baked beans mixed with 1 tbsp dry ground mustard, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tbsp dried minced onion and 1 tbsp brown sugar and baked at 400 for 30 minutes), fresh fruit, and cookies or cupcakes. Mexican style menu is Mexican layer dip (2 cans refried beans mixed with juice of one lime, 8 oz light sour cream mixed with 1/4 cup picante sauce, guacamole, chopped onion, chopped tomato, shredded lettuce, shredded cheddar cheese and chopped black olives layered in that order), tortilla chips, queso dip, grilled corn with a chile-lime butter or cilantro lime butter, grilled chicken...
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:33 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yep, at the park. Just hamburgers, chips, and a soda.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• i would rather be having a party.. we camping which is fine but theres so much packing and the "dont forget" and omg i have to get! oh and the ever lasting...remind me to get....lol. but for a crowed...deviled eggs people love chips and dip. chicken wings steak tips hamburgers and hot dogs. juice for kids beer for the guys soda. water, have fun xo (:
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:58 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm having my 18th birthday party/graduation party Saturday and I think we're doing chips and dip and meat trays for sandwiches(is that even how its spelled? lol) And we're also getting a kiddie pool, filling it with ice and putting a bunch of different pop and tea and stuff like that in it.

LadyJayne27

Answer by LadyJayne27 at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• BBQ spareribs, burgers and bratwurst, macaroni salad, bean salad, chips, sodas, iced tea, beer, fruit & dip, brownies, ice cream
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 11:24 AM on May. 20, 2009

• marinated in lime juice and seasoned with taco seasoning, tortillas, grilled red and green bell peppers and onions, with brownies as a sweet. And to drink we always just buy a case of each major soda...coke, pepsi, dr pepper, and sprite. Then we will also buy a case or so of beer for the adults, and bottled water, and juice boxes for the kids.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:35 AM on May. 20, 2009

• We are hosting our sons 1st birthday party this weekend!! We are so excited! We are having it catered. The food is sausage w/ peppers & onions, mini subs, city chicken, pasta salad, pot. salad, fruit tray, chip, pretzels, beer, soda, water & juice!! I can't believe my little man is 1!!
    jmoran

Answer by jmoran at 12:01 PM on May. 20, 2009