Contractions 2 hours apart

If I am not mistaken I believe I have been having contractions about every two hours. Am 36 weeks, this normal? If so, when do you think I would go into labor or has this happened to you?

tjandjenna

Asked by tjandjenna at 10:03 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• hunny you are in labor! call you Doctor
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 10:04 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yeah, it sounds like you are in labor. You should call your dr.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:06 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I think they tell you to call the doctor when you have 5 contractions in an hour or more.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:08 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Have you tried walking around/drinking plenty of water? 2 hours is really far apart...

Call your doctor and let them know whats up.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 10:08 AM on May. 20, 2009

• It could be braxton hicks, real labor they come closer and harder and don't stay that far apart. Drink water and lay down for a few hours and rest. If you notice you they are coming harder and stronger then call your doctor. no need to rush there just yet as they will try and stop it anyways.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• im sorry if i stated wrong, it is 1 contraction every hour (not multiple) , back pain then cramping. I thought you have to wait until they are like 7 minutes apart? not 2 hours
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 10:21 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My doc said 6 per hour for when I go into labor, but I live about 30 minutes from the hospital. I think you should probably call if this is your first time. It could be braxton hicks, but if it's happening at regular intervals then it probably is the start of labor. Just call and make sure everything is okay, and if they say to wait to come in then try to read a book, take a bath, do anything to relax while you're waiting to go.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2009

• ty all :)
    tjandjenna

Answer by tjandjenna at 10:31 AM on May. 20, 2009

• it is like every 10min, then few hrs or so later every 5-6min then every 1-2min. If there is only one per hr then no, I don't know what these people are telling you on here but their wrong. Go to babycenter.com or some other site to read up on labor signs and stages Your probably havin braxton hicks cause I have like had at least 2-3 in an hour or sometimes none. But they go away
    Anonymous