Am I the only mom in her 20s that DOSEN'T....

go out on the weekends drinking, go to parties or to concerts? I am starting to lose one of my best friends b/c she always wants to go out and I don't ever go anywhere without my daughter. I'd like to go to a concert now & then but my little girl is scared to stay the night at her Nana's without me. I love spending time with my child & would rather be with her than out with friends... am I alone here?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:09 AM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• nope i was the same still am even in my 30's. i was always home with my dd and now my dd and son. family is #1. now if they go to grandmas for the night i might go out but im still in bed early lol. or i just stay in and watch a movie. but befor my 3 year old was born and my dd went to her dads eow me and dh went out when all kids were gone. we had our fun and now would rather be home kids or no kids. were 31 yrs old and i call us fuddy duddies lol. a true friend understands were your priorities are.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I have an 8 month old and have not gone out since I had her nor do I want to. I will leave her with family to go out to dinner or our neighbor to go to marriage counseling without her but other than that no. you still need a break and you need to let you daughter know that others can care for her like you and that you can leave and will be back. I have left my daughter with my sister all night and I was 4 minutes away at my moms. I don't drink and party and haven't since I was 22 but that is just me. I am 26 now and I have other things to worry about then a hang over and blowing money on drinks. You still need to keep a social life and have adult time without your daughter.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:11 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm 21, going on 22 and have never in my life been out drinking or partying, in fact, I've never even had a drink, I was pregnant when I turned 21 and am currently breastfeeding. I never had any desire for that sort of lifestyle. I love spending my time with my children, I very rarely leave them in anyone elses care. If you want to talk, feel free to send me a message!
    dedicatedrider

Answer by dedicatedrider at 10:13 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Nope, I would rather spend a night at home with my little girl rather than go out to the bar drinking and dancing with friends like I used to a couple of years ago.

There have got to be others like us on here too.
    AmberBrat

Answer by AmberBrat at 10:13 AM on May. 20, 2009

• well my husband an i go out to eat or to a movie on occasions but my dd never stays the night anywhere, i'm okay with it i jsut think my friend is getting mad b/c she wants to do late night stuff without the kids & i don't
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• lol no you are not the only one. I'm 21 and hubby and I go out to dinner maybe once a month, but that is all I ever go out.
    soccerchik8287

Answer by soccerchik8287 at 10:14 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Wow you are very responsible, good for you mama. How old is your dd? Kids can take years to be comfortable on an overnighter with out mommy or it could be very very easy. If you're able to duirng the day or evening, check out your public library or public libraries in other towns. They are great great fun places to have the kind of fun you're looking for. I'd only go to bars if I were single like you if I were looking for hook up. Cause that mostly likely is what will happen. If that's what you don't want then I suggest not putting your self in compromising places. You're very mature for being a younger mom. Some of us older moms should be as grown up and learn something from you.
    Anonymous

• I'm 27 (have had kids since I was 21). I don't go out at all. I am a family gal.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I was 22 when I had my first child and I do not go out and party. It is a pretty wide generalization to think that all 20 year olds go out and party. Even before I had children (I have 3 and I am 25) I was not the party type.
    NewMommyin06

Answer by NewMommyin06 at 10:15 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You aren't the only one. I can't say it's always easy to see my friends out all the time and tell them I can't go, but I think in the end I'm glad I don't deal with half the drama they do anymore. Tell your friend that she needs to understand you're a parent now. I lost a lot of friends too, and tried to hang out a couple of times and go to parties but got disgusted because the people who I used to be friends with were bringing their kids and then drinking and smoking pot. Drinking in moderation around a toddler? I guess....but smoking pot? I just had to move on.
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:16 AM on May. 20, 2009