DAYCARE.

I AM HAING PROBLEMS WITH MY SON AT IS DAYCARE. AND I AM AFRAID HE IS ON THE VERGE OF BEING ICKED OUT AGAIN.. DOES ANYBODY HAE ANY EXPERIENCE WITH THIS SORT PROBLEM.

HE HAS A TSS-THERAPEUTIC SUPORT STAFF PERSON WIT HIM BTNOW HAS TO BE PICKED UP A NOON AND BROUGHT BACK AFTER NAP FOR HIS PM TSS.

I AM JUST AT A STAND STILL I FEEL I A AT THE MERCY OF THE DAYCARE AND I CAN NOT FIND ANY OTHER PLACE TO PUT HIM.
CAN ANYBODY HELP ME. I'D REALLY APRECIATE IT.

THANKS

kanela

Asked by kanela at 10:18 AM on May. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• i used to work @ a daycare & we had a child like that, theres really nothing the daycare can do, if he's disrupting nap they have to move him & it's a real inconvienece, something needs to change @ home
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Have you tired putting him in head start or something where they deal with special needs on a daily basis and they have the staff trained to deal with children like him? You can contact schools to find out if they know of any daycare centers who specialize in special needs or speak with the staff to find out what you can do to help. Like stay on his schedule while he is at home with you as well. They can kick him out if he is being disruptive and you have been warned on his behavior. Speak with the director and see if they know of a better service or even call you local welfare office and ask them or CPS they can help you find the care you need as they place children in special care all the time.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:27 AM on May. 20, 2009

• When my daughter wentto headstart and it was naptime she refused to take a nap also. Fortunatley the secretary really liked her and would let her come into her office during naptime everyday.

My other daughter didn't want to take a nap either so she and a few other kidds laid down in the back and whispered quietly to each other.
    sdjkl

Answer by sdjkl at 7:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• What is he doing that he has been kicked out of daycare before? What is his home life like? Are you consistent? I agree with the first poster. Something needs to change. Something isn't right. Kids will test boundries but not to the extent that they are getting kicked out of daycare centers.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 4:41 PM on May. 21, 2009