Do you feel weird calling yourself a "grown-up" or an "adult"?

I still have a hard time considering myself an adult. My mom is an adult, my boss is an adult, CNN news anchors are adults. And despite the fact that I'm married, am a mother, have two mortgages (all things I thought would make me feel like a grown-up) I still think of myself as a dumb kid. I don't feel that much different than I did when I was in college ... or high school, for that matter!!

Anyone else feel this way sometimes ... or all the time??

arouthier

Asked by arouthier at 10:25 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Haha I never call myself a adult! (Especially not when I still eat potato chips for lunch on occasion). But sometimes I take a look at how I live versus how other people I know live (mostly my brother) and I realize that I'm a lot more grown up than I think. So what if I still eat candy, at least I get the bills paid!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:48 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my dh calls us middle age.. he ends up maken me feel old. (: but i do feel ike an adult i need to find the kid in me again..
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 10:27 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I feel the same as you. I'm young at heart.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 10:27 AM on May. 20, 2009

• yes i do!!!! well i am 20 and i think once i hit 21 then i am an adult
    dianna1121

Answer by dianna1121 at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Don't be so sure, dianna1121!! I'm 27 (almost 28!) and I feel this way... I don't think hitting a certain number flips a magical switch. At least it didn't for me!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 10:29 AM on May. 20, 2009

• nope went you dont have anybody to help you and is only you and your dh ithink you have to grow up fast and become a women:)
    rubipresiosa1

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm 25...and I feel the same way...
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:31 AM on May. 20, 2009

• lol, I feel old most of the time (I'm 23...got a long way to go to get to the top of that hill..) but at the same time I still feel like I'm a young adult, you know, like 17 or so... I feel like my life kinda froze right there..most of the time.
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:33 AM on May. 20, 2009

• yes ma'am... im 25, and sometimes i have to remeind myself that , maybe i should upgrade my wardrobe from the clothes ive been wearing since High school...
    and yes i do consider my mom, Gma & co-workers adults and have to realize that i fall into that category too... lol, i'm a mom for G*ds sake... i live on my own, work., pay bills, live with stress just the same as these "Adults" so why havent i accpeted the truth yet ??? lol
    But it cracks me up to hear adults refer to themselves as "grown ups" when they're speaking to other "grown ups".... We Are Finally ADULTS, lets be adults about it :)
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 10:41 AM on May. 20, 2009

• yes I feel the same way! I hate referring to myself as a "woman" I don't feel like that is me yet?!??!
    pjacademy

Answer by pjacademy at 10:45 AM on May. 20, 2009