Should we get married?

I just found out i am pregant with number 2 and we aren't married! We are enaged though. I keep wondering if we should go ahead and get married now? I would rather wait until after the baby is born and i lose my ababy weight so i can look and feel like a beautiful bride but i am just so scared of what my parents will think! I love my man and want to marry him i am just not sure if i wanna do it now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:27 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Get married if you want. Either way your going to have 2 kids out of wedlock so it doesn't matter if you marry now or in 5 years. You can't take it back. Get married when the time is right not because your pregnant again.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I think only you & him should decided this. If y'all feel the time is right then go for it, but if y'all feel the time is wrong then don't do it. Just because you are pregnant with #2 does not mean you need to run off & get married.

itsallabtthem84

Answer by itsallabtthem84 at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2009

• If you have any reservations about marrying him then don't do it. Don't get married because of what your parents may or may not think about you being pregnant. Get married when YOU are ready and when YOU want to.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:28 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'm pregnant with number two as well and we're engaged and not married. Just wait until the time is right for the two of you!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Here's the thing...though there is no legal documentation, you ARE committed to each other for life, right? So what's the big deal if you put off your dream wedding until your have your baby weight gone? I don't see the reason behind rushing it. You already have 1 child with him...I really don't think your parents are going to freak out on you. Do they know you are engaged already? I think lots of times our fear of how someone is going to react to a situation that may not be "perfect and ideal" is MUCH worse than their actual reaction. Have the wedding YOU want momma....WHEN you want it.
    MamaJen74

Answer by MamaJen74 at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I would wait so when you think of your wedding day you feel great about that day. Also forget about what your parents think you and your SO are together and raiseing the child you have now and having another, You all know your wedding day will be here so wait till you are both ready and your day is just the way you have always dream of it being. Oh congrats on the LO...
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:32 AM on May. 20, 2009

• What did your parents say when you got pregnant the first time? Having another one shouldn't be a big deal since you already have one and you're not married. P.S. I'm pg with #3 and engaged.
    1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:26 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Do you want to get married or do you want to have a wedding? It sounds like the latter. If you really wanted to marry him, you would have already done so. A wedding is just a party, nothing else.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 11:56 AM on May. 20, 2009