When should you get your hospital bag ready?

Im at 32 wks and i dont know when i should have all of that ready by.

Shelii

Asked by Shelii at 10:29 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I had mine ready two months early, fortunately because I had an Emergency C-Section at 8 mos. The earlier you can have most of it ready, the better. I'd buy an extra hairbrush, deoderant, etc, so you don't have to worry about packing and losing those things while you're in the hospital.

GL!
    BisketLiss

Answer by BisketLiss at 10:31 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I had mine ready and in the trunk of my car at 35 weeks. Thank goodness because I went into preterm labor a few days later.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• ... I'm 33 weeks right now and hadn't thought of it yet...good call, I should probably get that done!
    ajguinn

Answer by ajguinn at 10:33 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I'd get it done before 37 weeks. My water broke at 36w 6d and thankfully that week I had packed MOSTLY everything, but my husband had to come back to the house a couple times -- we're only 5 minutes away so it wasn't a big deal!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:46 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I wondered the same thing, but i'll tell you what, you'll feel better once you have it ready. I went in for a routine check and found out my water broke (I didn't have a gush of water and had no idea) so i had to goto the hospital straight from the doctors. i'm glad i had it packed!
    JAKESMOM23

Answer by JAKESMOM23 at 11:36 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I wondered the same thing...I am almost 33 weeks pregnant and got mines together this past weekend..right next to my bed. I am a bit paranoid because I delivered my youngest at 34 weeks and I didn't even know that there was anything wrong until I went to the doc, they told me I needed to have him that day so I am prepared to go whenever baby is.
    LuvmyFam6

Answer by LuvmyFam6 at 12:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• i just got it done when i turned 38 weeks pregnant this past sunday.
    GreekMama28

Answer by GreekMama28 at 11:29 PM on May. 20, 2009