How many grams or ounces beef or chicken do you give your 2 years old kid for one day?

I give my kid 2 ounces/60 grams a day or 30 grams and an egg. Is it good or bad?
Which do you give more often,beef or chicken?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Kids' Health

• i give her whatever she'll eat, my 2 y/o is pretty picky
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:38 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I don't measure. He eats beef maybe every 2 weeks and not much. He has chicken some days and some days not. He's not big on meat so when he does have some, it's not very much.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 11:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I really don't have a clue. I've never measured their food.

Today, my 2 year old ate:

2 pancakes (lite butter and lite syrup), 1 banana
    Peanut butter and grape jelly sandwich (2 pieces of bread), a few whole wheat Ritz crackers, deli slice american cheese
    individual bag of animal crackers
    2 fat free hot dogs,bun, handful of tater tots, peas, slice of cheese

He's also had probably 16oz of milk (2%), water with a couple "glugs" of juice and several drinks of water.

As for types of meats, we kind of rotate I guess. Chicken, turkey, beef, pork...roasts, sausages, bacon

TiccledBlue

Answer by TiccledBlue at 9:08 PM on May. 20, 2009

• None. No cow milk, either. Doctors don't know anything about nutrition; as a parent it is your responsibility to learn what you child needs. And it is also your responsibility to set a great example by eating a healthy diet; everday you should have at least 8 8oz glasses of water; 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables in at least three different colots; 6-7 servings of whole grains. Plant based calcium is a better quality than animal based: http://www.pcrm.org/health/prevmed/building_bones.html
    Whole grains, beans and lentils have more than enough protein for a growing child. Eating a food with vitamin when you eat dark greens or beans increases the absorbtion rate of iron.
    Enjoy your little one!!

Answer by rkoloms at 11:09 AM on May. 21, 2009