how old does a kid have to be to stop sharing a room with parents?

Asked by kylesgrl09 at 10:33 AM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• I personal say by 3 months a child should be in their own room but thats me. Once a child is noticing the difference in sex's then they should be in their own room. Usually around 2 and no later than 3. Our daughter is 8 months and she doesn't share a room with us and never will again unless were in a hotel room.

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 10:35 AM on May. 20, 2009

• well my son left at 2 b-day dd is 13 months and still in the room with us.
    ah, i realy dont know i guess went you feel there ready.

Answer by rubipresiosa1 at 10:37 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine shared one with me until he was 11...mostly out of neccessity. As long as they are confident, independent and don't "have" to be with you all the time or at night, then who cares.

Answer by BradenIsMySon at 10:40 AM on May. 20, 2009

• When they start sleeping through the night regularly.

Answer by blueyedbadass at 10:44 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Mine were in their own room pretty much at birth.

Answer by TiccledBlue at 10:45 AM on May. 20, 2009

• How old to STOP? When did it become a requirement that they share a room with parents in the first place?

Answer by Anonymous at 10:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• We had our dd in our room for one night. After that night we realized we would all sleep better if she was in the other room, so we put her in her crib in the next room over. I plan on starting our next in his/her own room from day one unless they're having complications such as breathing.

Answer by julipickle2 at 10:56 AM on May. 20, 2009

• When the child and parent are ready. Live and let live. No way would I put my 3 month old in a room away from me. Another mom may think that is great. My kids generally stay in our room until around 3 years old and that works for us.

Answer by Pauline3283 at 10:56 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my dd still sleeps in my room, in her own bed & she'll be 3 in july.... i'd rather have her in there, we all sleep better

Answer by Anonymous at 11:02 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My kids were in our room until 3 months old then they were in their own room.

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:51 AM on May. 20, 2009