People keep asking when i'm going abck to school...

i would love to. I just thinkj it would be very hard as a single, working mom to also g to school. Im 25, and yes i graduated HS... i know that some college background would def benefit both my daughter and i in the future. But i absolutely dnt have the time right now, so i recently applied to take some online classes. that way i can still have time with my daughter... what would you have done in a situation like mine... (and please dnt respond "i wouldnt be in your situation", that was not the question)

StarrCooKie

Asked by StarrCooKie at 10:46 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Just take it one class at a time so you don't over whelm yourself. College is hard and you don't want to burn yourself out. You know it will better you and your daughter.. even if it takes 10 years.. imagine how great it will feel when your done. :) Good LUck!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 10:49 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Just take one class at a time. Thats what im going to do after my son is born. I want to get my dagree but its not the most important thing to me right now. By new baby is. Dont let other people pressure you into doing to much. All that will do i stress you out and make it to where you dont have time with your DD. This is what im going to do. Im going to take one class at a time. And if i do good with that and i feel that i can take on 2 at a time then im going to do that but i already told myself and my SO that i wont take any more than that at one time because i dont want to take away to much time from my family. So its going to take me a little bit longer to get my dagree But at least im working at it not just sitting there doing nothing. Good luck and hope everything works out well for you!
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 10:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• LMAOfffff... maybe i should go back ASAP! was any1 gonna tell me i misspelled "back"???
    StarrCooKie

Answer by StarrCooKie at 10:55 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I started out taking classes at a traditional college and it took a lot away from my kids so I took online classes and will graduate in June from college with a Bachelors in Business Administration with a minor in accounting. It took me 7 yrs but I am so proud of my self for accomplishing what I did that I feel I need to walk across the stage and receive my diploma. Good luck...
    sassy43082

Answer by sassy43082 at 11:02 AM on May. 20, 2009

• You have to do what is best for you. I personally did it as a single mom of 3. I worked a full time job during the day, a weekend job giving horse lessons and went to school full time at night. I was tired, stressed, and missed my kids, but we had no child support and I needed an education so I could get a better job. I chose elemantary education so that I could be off on holidays and summers with my kids. It was one of the hardest things I have ever done, but no one else was going to do it for me.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I won't worry about the spelling me already know what you meant its just the stuck up ones that have a problem with it .
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I was a single mom at 22 years old, and in 2001 I went back to school. It was the best decision of my life. I used my financial aid and welfare to get through and I went back to work at my old job at the mall. They were VERY supportive. There was daycare at college so childcare was a breeze. I was able to get off of welfare, worked 2 jobs, one working as a tutor at the school and another selling cell phones on the weekends.

I got laid off from the cell phone job and got an opportunity to work with the cell phone carrier I had been representing on the weekends and work with them full time. I just changed my schedule to night classes. I was able to take two classes on alternating days after work. I finished in May 2005 with a degree in Liberal Studies (which can get me anywhere). If I decide to go back, I'd just need to take 2 more classes until I can transfer to a 4-year institution! Ever since, I've gotten great jobs. GL!
    ThaMCE

Answer by ThaMCE at 11:22 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Tell them you'll go as soon as they pay your way or provide free childcare. Until then they should mind their own business.

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:38 PM on May. 20, 2009