What do ya'll think!???

OK my daughter ( 5 months ) has had a problem of constipation for a WHILE....
I called her doctor & told him that....shes been constipated for a while and the only thing Ive noticed that makes her go normal is givng her prune juice or prunes everyday or everyother day!! I asked him if I should change her formula thinking that she needs to able to go on her own without having to have that to be able to go! He said NO, I dont need to change her formula that if prunes make her go..he sees no prob in giving that to her evryday! Sooo...idk about that information = /, just want to know what opinions ya'll have once again!?

She has a bm everyday, BUT they are just little balls or one big mushy ball! Shes a very happy baby and seems to not be in any pain when shes goes sooo....

v_serenil

Asked by v_serenil at 10:52 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• changing formulas could help, but it could also make it worse. I think if she is going when you feed her prunes or prune juice then I wouldn't chance it by changing formulas. See if she still does okay if you just give her prunes/juice every other day instead of every day.

Even my breast fed baby gets constipated regularly, and while it would be nice if they could go on their own every time with no help, that's just not reality.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:01 AM on May. 20, 2009

• my son had constipation issues since birth - I mixed miralax in his bottles - advice was from a ped of course but ti was the ONLY thing that made him go regularly. its not a stimulant either so its non addictive and worked the best.
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 12:35 PM on May. 20, 2009