child support?

i just went thru court cases with my sons father for child support.i dont know much about it sept hes suppose to give em money when he gets a job,the other day i asked about it and he told me he doesnt have to because i just recently wa shired.
so pretty much he saying the child support gets dropped when i get a job?? is this tru??

mamabear0824

Asked by mamabear0824 at 10:54 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Money & Work

• He's trying to play you. NO he HAS to pay child support! If he is court ordered to pay child support he'll go to jail after he gets a certain amount of arrears. He still has to pay back child support too. In our state, it might be different there check into it but in our state if he isn't working or is in jail he is required to pay the amount he would be bringing in at a minimum wage job. This is so dead beats won't avoid working so they don't have to pay for their kids.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on May. 21, 2009

• No it's not true. You both share a child together, therefore you both are responsible. Doesn't mean he gets to stop paying. That happens at 18 for him if stated in the CS order or until done with college.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• No not at all. Call the courts that is not true at all.
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 10:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• nope.I doesn't matter if you get a job. That has nothing to do with him. You could marry a millionaire and he will still have to pay.
    akmami0f4

Answer by akmami0f4 at 10:58 AM on May. 20, 2009

• im answerin my own question because also im on welfare not proud of it tho...thts y im stoaked about workin at ((mcdonalds))hey its a job!!!!!!!!but i told him the welfare would stop wen i get a job n thts wen he uses the m work his mo told him n he knows how shy i am wit sumthin like tht towards his mom...so im guessin he did it so i wouldnt push nuttin!idk realy wat to do bcus i think the court will get him...he lives legit 5 streets down n never sees our son sept wen his mom takes him but thts for her self not him watchin his son.i wan to call bcus i also think he favors his first son more he was there for my sons half brothers birth surgery even the other childs mothers graduation and he cant even say hi to me.......im so confused bu ti dont want him any more mad at me even tho i did nothing but let him slack as a father?
    mamabear0824

Answer by mamabear0824 at 11:57 AM on May. 20, 2009