• In the Spotlight:

Safe to go in kiddie pool with stripped membranes and no mucous plug?

I'm 5 days past my due date, my membranes have been stripped and I'm slowly losing my mucous plug. Is it safe for me to sit outside in the kiddie pool? Obviously there's no chlorine in it but I wasn't sure if I'd be risking an infection now that I don't have all that stuff in there plugging me up!! Anyone know?

stepmom929

Asked by stepmom929 at 10:59 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I'd err on the side of caution and say no. Once your mucus plug is gone, you're much more susceptible to infections (especially since there's no chlorine in the water).

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 11:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I would say no. The mucus plug is what protects the baby, with that gone bacteria could get in and cause an infection. It's not worth it. Just soak your feet!
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:37 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I would also say no. I agree with the pp, plus you're more likely to have your water break since your membranes are stripped and could you just imagine: "mommy, why is the water getting higher?" heh. Maybe just pull a chair up and dip your feet in it and eat a nice cold Popsicle.
    julipickle2

Answer by julipickle2 at 11:50 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Thanks all!
    stepmom929

Answer by stepmom929 at 2:12 PM on May. 20, 2009