can I wear flip flops on a plane?

Ok ladies, I know this is a silly question, but I haven't flown since the 90's and that was only once. I'm going to be traveling to Florida this weekend. I know that you now have to remove your shoes during the security check and they recommend wearing shoes that can be easily removed and slipped back on, but can I wear flip flops? I'd be willing to bet that they're not the safest thing to wear, but other than that I only have sneakers and I didnt really want to go that route.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:00 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Travel

• Yes you can. I have before. Plus, flip flops will be very easy to slip on and off in security checks.
    ABPeterson

Answer by ABPeterson at 11:06 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yes you can wear flip flops or sandals. I have only flown a couple times, and that was 2 years ago - but I wore flip flops for convenience sake.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 11:01 AM on May. 20, 2009

• YA thats fine.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:01 AM on May. 20, 2009

• i wore flip flops last time i was on a plane
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Of course you can wear flip-flops!! You can wear any kind of shoe you'd like. Flip-flops are probably the best thing to wear, in fact, because you are required to remove your shoes when you pass through security and flip-flops are just slip-off/slip-on. I don't understand why you would think that it's not ok to wear flip-flops?!
    arouthier

Answer by arouthier at 11:06 AM on May. 20, 2009