Would you leave ur child (approx 3 months old) unattended in the car ?

OMG One of the women at the school today left her baby in the car park in the car whilst she went INTO the school. I couldn't help myself and had to comment on it as i was talking to a friend. Someone must of over heard coz as i was walking away and the so called mother of the child started shouting abuse eg, i left the window open!...... i wouldn't leave my dog unattended in the car let alone my child! Anyone else with me ?

KerryLou

Asked by KerryLou at 11:03 AM on May. 20, 2009 in General Parenting

• yeah that's messed up, i wouldn't leave mine in there either
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:04 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I agree.
    KFree907

Answer by KFree907 at 11:07 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Sounds like to me she had a guilty conscience and that's why she got upset. I agree with you, I would never leave a child in a car alone, of any age!
    MrsLeftlane

Answer by MrsLeftlane at 11:09 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Not while going into a school. I have left her in the car if I had to run into the front of the house really quickly. Like I can keep an eye on the car from the kitchen. I wouldn't go into the back of the house where I couldn't see the car. Of course I live on a military installation, so perhaps it gives you a false sense of security.
    I would never leave my child in the car anywhere else ever.
    2-1CavWife

Answer by 2-1CavWife at 11:30 AM on May. 20, 2009

• No, I wouldn't do that. That's lazy parenting, IMO.
    goldenfox

Answer by goldenfox at 11:36 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I would never leave my baby in the car alone but I have left them in the car with their older brothers.
    sammiesmom2000

Answer by sammiesmom2000 at 11:47 AM on May. 20, 2009

• That's wrong. I don't even run into the house with the baby in the car. It's Florida so the car would need to be runing and last thing I want is someone steeling my car with my baby in it!! I've seen people do it at the dya care though. If it's that hard to get two kids out of the car, ask for some help! Don't leave 'em in there. You just never know what might happen. I've even seen parents drive off while holding their little babies.
    Anonymous

• NEVER!!!!

Answer by tyfry7496 at 12:35 PM on May. 20, 2009

• No, in fact while dropping my daughter off at the daycare she goes to there was a baby in the car, in its car seat. I went in and the mom of that baby was sitting and talking to her other kids teacher. After i left the baby was still there. I spoke with the daycare and the next day written on the bulletin board was "just a reminder to parents, it is ILLEGAL to leave your child in the car unattended" . It kept happening, so we had a police officer out front of the daycare one day just observing and I tell you what, it hasn't happened since.
    casd

Answer by casd at 12:40 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I would have called the police! Obviously she is too stupid to be in charge of babies and children. Cars can quickly heat up or cool down to temperature extremes that will kill a pet or a person of any age, let alone a small baby. Someone could snatch that baby never to be seen again--at least not alive...
    Anonymous