What are some good foods to make on hot days?

It is hot and I don't have air conditioning. I don't wanna be hot cooking forever. We grill steaks a lot and it is getting old. Any ideas for me? :)

san-1

Asked by san-1 at 11:09 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Food & Drink

• Sandwiches, salads and smoothies.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:10 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Actually, get a crock pot. It will not heat up your house, and you still get a hot cooked dinner at the end of the day. It's great for soups and stews. If you want recipes PM me. Other than the crock pot idea, you could make cold soups like Gazpacho or melon soup. Chef salad is great, chicken wraps (buy the Tyson cooked chicken in a bag, whole wheat tortillas, shredded lettuce, tomato, onion, cheese of your choice, and sauce of choice. We like Ranch, Barbecue sauce, Sour cream mixed with picante, mashed avocados, or honey mustard). PM me if you would like more recipes.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 11:23 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Chicken salad. You can buy a rotiserre chicken already cooked, makes great chicken salad. Sub sadwiches, breackfast for dinner, fruit kabobs. Shish kabobs on the grill with pineapple chunks, chicken, onion, and bell peppers. grilled tuna or ham or cheese sandwiches.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:18 PM on May. 20, 2009

• In the summer we do all of our cooking outside on the grill for the same reason. Oven gets the house too hot. We cook the usual - steak, ribs, chicken. We also cook pizza, quesidillas, roast, even bread. There are lots of things you can cook on the grill. Google it.
    sadira29

Answer by sadira29 at 12:32 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Never heard of pizza on the grill :) funny
    san-1

Answer by san-1 at 1:28 PM on May. 20, 2009

• Chicken ceaser salad with Garlic bread, BLT's and fries, tacos, stir fry
    pattigioeli

Answer by pattigioeli at 1:42 PM on May. 20, 2009

• We live without AC, so I understand. I cook brown rice and whole grain pasta early in the morning to use in salads. We eat a lot of salad, sandwiches and smoothies. I have a few raw recipes that I use, too, like chocolate pudding made with avocado and mock tuna salad made with sunflower seeds. We eat a lot of fruit with yogurt and veggies with hummus.
    Stay cool, and contact me directly for recipe suggestion.

Answer by rkoloms at 3:45 PM on May. 20, 2009