what do you feed your kid for preschool lunch

Help my 13 month old son eats all solid food now but I just dont know what to pack him for lunch. he loves grilled cheese but if i make it in the am its all soggy by lunch and he doesnt yet eat cold sandwichs. I have been cutting up chunks of cheese and meat but he is now bored with this. What do you send your kids off to school with??

Frogger33

Asked by Frogger33 at 11:42 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Where is he goingt hat they dont provide lunch? And does he have someone there to help feed him? Most 13 month olds can't manipulate a sppon or fork yet to feed themselves. I would go with the gerber gfraduates things though. Any kind of pasta is easy to eat, or cut up fruit, like peaches or bananas.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:46 AM on May. 20, 2009

• he goes to pre school they dont provide lunch. Most dont! they provide snack but like most places you bring a brown bag lunch. And yes there are teachers there to help feed him?! did you really just ask that?
    Frogger33

Answer by Frogger33 at 11:49 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Yeah I did just ask that. I dont know of any schools, or daycares that dont provide snacks or food anywhere around here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:57 AM on May. 20, 2009

• Our daycare provides an optional lunch (for extra money), but a lot of what they serve is "fast food." I usually make a plate of whatever we had the previous night for dinner. The daycare is happy to microwave the food, and then I know what he is eating. I also send in some fruit.
    TiffaniR

Answer by TiffaniR at 2:07 PM on May. 20, 2009