Kindergarten Maturity

I am worried because my son is ready in ever area execpt maturity. He follow directions from his father and I fine. Even of other adult family members. But its a little different at his PreK. He still cries, and will not follow directions if he is moody. As much as I can do academically I'm not sure how to prepare him in this area for school. He will also go to a summer program at my church there will be bigger kids there. But is there anything else I can do on my end to promote maturity. Or will he have to do this on his own. I am desperately worried. Is there anything I can do to push him along?

3LiftedMe

Asked by 3LiftedMe at 11:45 AM on May. 20, 2009 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• I would go ahead and send him and see how he does. I worried about this alot with my boys too at first, but I volunteered alot for their classes, and seeing the other kids there helped me to understand how mine really weren't that different maturity wise than they were. Also remember that most kids act more grown up and behave better for strangers, like teachers than for their own parents. The worst that is going to happen is he will stay behind in kindergarten, but at least that way he will have a jump start the next year. My oldest we did this with and looking back it was much better having him a year ahead, athan holding him back without giving him the chance. GL
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:50 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I invite you to take a look at the innovation I devised for my own son, and now market. You can see it at www.BlackBeltGoalsGame.com and decide for yourself if it will satisfy your needs ( I sell it, so my opinion would be biased ). Best wishes
    Anonymous

• In most states, the compulsory attendance age for school is 6+ and kindergarten is not mandatory. If he doesn't seem ready for kindergarten this fall you should consider waiting another year. Check out your states laws regarding compulsory attendance.
    Anonymous