doesnt like dad and i to touch.

my 15 month old throws a fit if my husband and i touch in anyway. When we kiss goodbye, hug, hold hands she cries and screams and tries to pry us apart. Is this normal or is my baby weird?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:49 AM on May. 20, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think thats cute he wants all the lovin for himself lol.
    Shelii

Answer by Shelii at 11:50 AM on May. 20, 2009

• I would say completely normal. My daughter is 22 months and she acts the same exact way. It's probably just jealousy.
    SuperMom2MandM

Answer by SuperMom2MandM at 11:51 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My 20 month old does this. When she throws a fit over it we just pick her up and hug and kiss her too, she seems appeased by this. Gl they grow out of it this eventually.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:53 AM on May. 20, 2009

• thanks mommas! We think its cute too, but i just never heard of a baby doing this. She is a daddys girl and wants all the daddy love. Lol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:58 AM on May. 20, 2009

• My son is very over protective of anyone touching me - even when I hug my niece or a puppy, he wants mommy to himself !!
    Anonymous

• When my daughter was in that stage, we started doing "family hugs" where we would all hug and kiss together. I also taughter her the names of everyone in our immediate family. It was a great opportunity to learn about what a family is, and to demonstrate that a family is a team.
    squish

Answer by squish at 12:53 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I believe that she is just jealous and doesn't know how to express her frustration. My son likes to join our hugs and kisses and we love it. I would suggest to involve her more in saying goodbye to Daddy when he leaves. I normally hold my son when Daddy leaves for work in the morning and we all kiss and hug and wave goodbye.
    Pewpewlasers

Answer by Pewpewlasers at 1:50 PM on May. 20, 2009