nursing and non nursing moms question about sexuality... just for fun

why do you think breast are considered a sexual object? i read a post a few weeks ago saying some ones grandma said breast are for sex not food... i would like some one in their say 60's + would think other wise wouldnt you?? and when did breast become sexual objects? i guess before i was a mother i thought so too but i am unfortuntly blessed with enormous ones that i hate and would get reduced in a heartbeat if i wasnt planning on having more children( wouldnt want to risk not being able to nourish my little ones) .... but isnt it hard wired in mens heads to like large breast for the reason that they can better provide for children?? any way,,, even if you dont bf do you think breast are sexual.... why or why not..?? oh and mens nipples arent sexual they have no problem showing them..

melis1029

Asked by melis1029 at 12:18 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think our culture has made us think that breasts are sexual. I mean my breasts are sexual, but so are my hands, and my mouth, and my back and my thighs and just about everything! Other countries hide hair or feet, we hide breasts. Seems kinda silly to me!
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 12:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I know some would disagree but I believe they are both. If they werent "sexual objects" then we wouldnt get pleasure from them being touched by our men and our men wouldnt be so attracted to them. Yes they have a specific function, but for the majority of our lives (most of us anyway) they arent used for nursing. I dont see why people cant allow a balance between the two.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 12:51 PM on May. 20, 2009

• It's culture. They same reason women feel they have to shave their legs. It's not necessary but we are forced to do it b/c society says so. Breasts are sexaulized in playboy, pin up, movies, etc. They are hidden from view becuase men have learned to be drawn to them. Breasts were made to nurish children, but they also play a role in sex. That doesn't mean they should automatically = sex!
    Anonymous

• abbynzachsmommy-I agree that breasts can be both nutritive and sexual, not just over a lifetime, but in the same night! lol. But really, even before having children, my breasts didn't have much sexual feeling. In fact, I think I get more turned on by having attention on my belly or my back! And while my man does love the boobies, he's more of an ass man, truthfully! lol. So I think culture has a stronger determination than biology. In fact, I remember reading about a woman in another country hearing that American men suck on women's breasts and she was shocked! She asked if they wanted to be babies! lol
    TanyaR1024

Answer by TanyaR1024 at 8:37 AM on May. 21, 2009