*THIS IS TO MY OTHER QUESTION ABOUT THE MUCUS PLUG.*

When i went to the doctor she told me my cervix was dilated to a one already and my cervix thinned and is really really REALLY short. then yesterday i was having a lot of braxton hick contractions and a few real ones plus i had a back ache. then i lost the mucus plug this morning. Do you think it is coming close?? im 38weeks

momma2b060509

Asked by momma2b060509 at 12:28 PM on May. 20, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You are close. However, losing the mucus plug is not a definite sign of labor. If you do not go into labor soon, your mucus plug will regrow causing you to lose a few mucus plugs. It is completely normal. Go walking. that helps with bringing on labor. Oh and SEX!! LOL

good luck
    april
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 12:32 PM on May. 20, 2009

• I lost my plug and was dilated to 5 cm for a month..... so who knows
    Anonymous

• I lost my mucus plug the day I went into labor at 39 1/2weeks. Some people on here just want to be mean and say well that doesn't mean nothing, blah blah. Well, ur already 38weeks so it might!!!!!!!!! like right now I'm 32 1/2 weeks and have been having this stringy discharge for 1 -1/2weeks and it could be my mucus plug but they say u can lose it a few times before birth but ur already closer.
    Anonymous